Now that I'm a grown up, I do grown up things. You know?
I'm not a little boy or a kid. I'm not a teenager anymore. I do stuff like celebrate wedding anniversaries and have babies. I go to work five days a week and pay bills. I drive my car, buy my cloths, watch the news, feed my dog, etc. I guess the last item on the list I need is a house to complete my all-American life style. I need a place to walk into after work and say, "Honey, I'm home!"
Darcey is due to have our baby in less than 11 weeks. Watching the baby mosh in her stomach tells me that the little one may want to make an early arrival. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Bringing a baby home to live in a camper can really take your confidence as a provider and as a father down a few pegs. The kind words of encouragement help but this idea of living lurks over my head like a little cloud that's getting darker by the minute. For someone who's so grown up, I feel like I might have made some kind of adolescent mistake along the way to end up in this predicament.
Don't get me wrong. Amidst all the chaos of finding a permanent place to live there is a very big smile on my face. I wouldn't want this to go away for anything. I can't wait for my little girl to get here. I know I said this should go slow so I can reflect and enjoy the time that Darcey is pregnant. . . "Okay, enough of that. Let's get that baby out!" is all I can think. And the truth of it, when it all comes down to it, is that I would live in a camper for the rest of my life with the family I have.
2 comments:
Great post Evan. I find myself often repeating the phrase from Switchfoot in my head, "This is your life, are you who you want to me."As cheesy at it may be, it's weird to no longer be thinking about, "when I grow up."
Looking forward to Sunday.
Post a Comment